Sleek Launcher

Well, I finally got around to creating a launcher icon for my BasicLauncher app. It's not that creative but I'm pretty happy with it. The original idea for the app was to be a productivity focused launcher screen replacement for android. But as I added more features and testing them out, I realized that after the novelty of a new feature wore off, I barely used them.

The features I'm talking about are the task list and the widget screen. So in the end I removed them. Now its just a black screen with app icons sorted alphabetically and resembled the home screen of a Nokia N9 (was one of my dream phone).





Aside from hiding icons, it doesn't really have any other features because I couldn't think of any that is both creative and useful in the long run.

Although it's pretty simplistic, it gets the job done for me, direct access to the apps that I need, no distractions, in and out quick. Plus its easy on the phone's resources especially on memory which is a good thing since my phone only has one gigabyte of ram.

I'm still open for adding more useful feature or maybe even customizations but for now I don't see the need to.

Source code

Comments

Popular Posts